• 1 cup TINY Kalijira
• 1 ¾ cups water
• 3 ½ cups milk
• 1 tbsp butter
• 1/3 cup granulated sugar
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
• 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
• Whole cinnamon/cardamom
• Raisins (Optional)
1. Rinse the rice in cold water using a fine mesh sieve.
2. In a medium pot, combine rice, 1 ¾ cups water, 1 tbsp butter, and whole cinnamon and cardamom from the TINY Kalijira spice pack.
3. Bring to a boil over high heat. When the water begins to boil, reduce heat to low and cover with a tight-fitting lid.
4. Cook at a gentle simmer for 8 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and let sit, still covered, for 5 minutes.
6. Transfer the rice to a large saucepan and add milk, sugar, salt, and ground cinnamon.
7. Bring to a fast simmer over medium-high heat, stirring frequently.
8. Once the mixture begins to simmer, reduce heat to low and cook uncovered for 20 minutes.
9. Remove from heat. At this point, the mixture should have thickened. Add vanilla extract and stir thoroughly. Taste, and add more sugar and/or cinnamon as desired.
10. Garnish with cinnamon, raisins, or other desired toppings. Serve and enjoy! Note that the pudding can be enjoyed both warm and cold, and will continue to thicken as it cools.