Plain Kalijira Rice
• 1 cup Kalijira rice
• 1 ¾ cup water
• Salt (to taste)
1. Rinse the rice in cold water using a fine mesh sieve.
2. In a medium pot, combine 1 ¾ cups water, 1 cup of rice, and salt (to taste).
3. Bring to a boil over high heat. When the water begins to boil, reduce heat to low and cover with a tight-fitting lid.
4. Cook at a gentle simmer for 8 minutes.
5. Remove the pot from the heat and let it sit, still covered, for 5 minutes.
6. Remove the lid, fluff the rice gently with a fork or chopstick, and serve.
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published